Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Teaching Philosophy

My teaching philosophy is if a student really wants to excel and learn in a certain field, he or she can do so to achieve their goals by doing their best and learn from their teacher(s). 

My goal is to become a proficient, well-rounded bass player and a professional musician with my bass guitar.  My teacher is my husband, Richard.  He learned the lead guitar by himself with no teacher to help him.  It can be done.  Richard is my teacher and my mentor in music.  He taught me everything about the instrument, and I am now able to excel and play a tune without much help. Now, I can help my friends learn to play who are willing to learn and practice.  Any person can become a teacher of music, and then it goes on and on down to other students who feel the same love for music as I do.  It's my dream to become a teacher for someone who is really interested to learn the field of music.  It's really exciting for me to pick up my guitar and see the look on people's faces when I play.  It's a wonderful feeling.  All you have to do is apply yourself.

My philosophy is any one person, who is willing, can be a teacher.  I am.  Anyone interested to learn?!

Teach and learn well my friends,

Deborah White



 

1 comment:

  1. It takes practice to learn an instrument. This is the same as technology. The more you do, the better you become.

    ReplyDelete