Sunday, September 26, 2010

A New Pedagogy?

Pedagogy will be in all of our classrooms not too far from now.  Technology is being added slowly but it  most certainly will be new to a lot of new students and teachers.  My grandson, who is 10 years old, will surely be ahead of me in the very near future.  It's the time for a new beginning, learning, teaching, and applying new technologies. Will Richardson had a lot of excellent information abour pedagogy.  For example, he stated, "Technology has a profound impact on the way we live and the quality of our lives."  This is so true.

Being a student at Yavapai College, not being a teacher, does not give me much of an advantage but it gives me the desire to keep learning and increase my knowledge in my field (Fine Arts).  Everybody want to get a good grade as it gives us the motivation to continue learning new technologies and new experiences of knowledge. I like the Augmented Classroom, whereas I may have an opportunity to have contact with my instructor and with technology as well.  It increases my effectiveness in learning with experts in the technological field. 

Technology is concerned with the "designing aids and tools to perfect the mind plus go with the changes of pedagogy." I can see in my mind that if we really sought for a change in pedagogy, we are going to need to be patient.  But, I'm willing to keep going on.  In that way I can learn and become much better in the expertise of  technology, one step at a time.  OK by me!  I feel I am very fortunate to know some of the basics of computer technology and I want to continue.  Maybe I'll become a technology expert someday.  Who knows?

As Will Richardson wrote in our handbook, "a transition of epistemology (knowledge) and ontology (being) suggests technology needs to be employed to serve in the development of learners capable of participating in a complex environment."

2 comments:

  1. Please excuse the spacing. It didn't look this way when I published it. I'll have to talk to Thatcher tomorrow and see what happened.

    Anyway, it's in on time and I hope it reads OK.

    Sorry, I can't change it now I don't thin.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see no issues with the spacing here...

    ReplyDelete